cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to email to yahoo, hotmail, msn email accounts behind a pix515

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We currently cut over to our new ISP. I have configured the pix and the dns settings. Everything seems to be working fine, email, internet, citrix,etc. Only problem we are experiencing is we are unable to send to hotmail email accounts, msn or yahoo. We simply are placing the username@hotmail.com in our to field in outlook.

BUt we get a kick back that that display's the following:

--------------------

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<exchangebufny2.CaplugsLLC.ProtectiveIndustries.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 OU-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support>

Can someone let me know if they seen this and if it is a pix issue. Please let me know.

1 Reply 1

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

Check to see if you are allowing reverse-lookups in your DNS Zone file for the new provider's IP Addresses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: