Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dial with BLF

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

Hope you are all having a great Christmas and/or a great holiday. But some of us are working and have come across a slight issue with BLF. I am trying to run it in the Speed Dial setting not the Call Park.

To use this feature do you need the separate Presence server or should it run on the Default Presence Group.

I am trying to configure it to take away the shared line appearance but cant get the BLF part to work.

cheers

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arief.muslim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Speed dial BLF is native CCM5/6 feature and is not related with CUPS server.

To enable BLF in the cluster:

1. Enable the BLF for Call Lists (enterprise parameter).

2. Allow subscriptions for presence cluster wide (service parameter)

To allow phones to use BLF:

1. Configure phone button templates using speed dial BLF.

2. Assign templates to phones.

3. Add BLF speed dials to phones.

4. Configure subscription CSS on the phones.

Hope this helps,

Arief

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

arief.muslim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Speed dial BLF is native CCM5/6 feature and is not related with CUPS server.

To enable BLF in the cluster:

1. Enable the BLF for Call Lists (enterprise parameter).

2. Allow subscriptions for presence cluster wide (service parameter)

To allow phones to use BLF:

1. Configure phone button templates using speed dial BLF.

2. Assign templates to phones.

3. Add BLF speed dials to phones.

4. Configure subscription CSS on the phones.

Hope this helps,

Arief

Arief,

Have a great day, that has solved the issues exactly. Now onto the next problem.

Kind Regards

Paul

I followed these directions, but my status is still showing as unknown on the 7914 side car.

Is the subscription CSS to be configured on both the phone monitoring the status and the phone being monitored? What is the recommended CSS for this setting? The enterprise CSS that contains all the DN's?

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

Nathan,

Have you added the 7914 to the phone (module section) and have you created a new phone template. I assume you are trying to add to a 7961 upwards and any model below this e.g 7941 doesn work (apologies for stating the obvious)

Kind Regards

Paul

Paul,

You are correct and I apologize for not being more clear in my original post. I have a 7961 with 2 7914's. I have setup the button template and applied it to the phone. I have also setup the extensions on the 7914's and they appear as unknown but you can use them as speed dial.

Regards,

Nathan

Quite strange. Today when I came in, they reported that all the lines on the 7914's where showing red but no extensions. The last thing I did Friday before I left was to reboot the server and reset the phones, but everything appeared normal at that time. So I reset her phone and now the speed dial & BLF is working correctly. Possibly after the server reboot I just needed reset the phone again.

Great, to the point, post!  Thanks for the info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: