cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with native vlan working

gregwoodson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3640 that's running enterprise plus (c3640-js-mz.124-17.bin). The config is as follows:

interface Ethernet0/0

ip address 192.168.36.1 255.255.254.0

load-interval 30

full-duplex

!

interface Ethernet0/0.1

encapsulation dot1Q 1 native

!

interface Ethernet0/0.20

description VLAN 20- Voice VLAN

encapsulation dot1Q 20

ip address 10.0.36.1 255.255.254.0

Whenever I remove the address from e0/0 and put it on the subinterface with the native VLAN, I lose all connectivity. This router is connecting to a Dell 6248. This switch is a Layer 3 switch. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The address should be on the subinterface . I would say on the dell that maybe the native vlan is not 1 and thats why you lose connectivity.

We do have this working with the same switch in a lab environment with a 2600 Router. That's why this is so confusing.

It wouldn't be any different between routers , must be something else that is different . I don't know how you configure a vlan on the dell to be nontagged .

That's what is so strange about the whole thing. In fact- we are using the same dell switch in the lab and then in the production environment. could it be something different in the code?

gregwoodson
Level 1
Level 1

What I was saying as that WHEN I put the address on the subinterface, I can no longer see anything. And the Switch is in trunk mode on that port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card