Can not access PDM from other computers

Unanswered Question
Dec 27th, 2007

When I try to get onto any of our 5 pix 506e firewalls with firefox I get this at the bottom of the pop up window

exception: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermissi...

When I try to use IE 6 or 7 it just sits there. Sometimes the box opens up where it asks me the password the second time but not always.

I can only access them through one of my laptops. I have tried 4 other computers and none of them work.

I have PDM version 3.0 and PIX Version 6.3(4)

Any Ideas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Stanford Thu, 12/27/2007 - 17:48

Looks to be a java plugin issue that I've seen quite a few times. What version of Java is running on these problem clients?

PDM Version 3.0 supports the

Java Plug-In 1.3.1, 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 (recommended) so make sure the clients have a supported Java plugin version.

You could also upgrade to PDM 3.0(4) to get newer java support.

Download the file "pdm-304.bin"

Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software-Download

cdgcommerce Fri, 12/28/2007 - 01:36

I do belive they are all up2date. Especially the Vista one. I tried that link and its no good. did a search for pdm and finally found a page but said

Error: 104

Download not permitted (Do not bookmark this URL.)

Our apologies, but your user profile indicates that you are not entitled to download software of this type.

So i clicked on the Registered users Login here and it comes up with error :(

Wish it was easier to get upgrades/files

David Stanford Fri, 12/28/2007 - 05:55

If you are running the latest or up to date Java plugin versions then that may be the problem as PDM 3.0 doesn't support the latest.

You can also have the other clients do the following in their browser. Go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced and then scroll to Java (Sun) and make sure there are no check marks specifying to use a certain plugin.

cdgcommerce Fri, 12/28/2007 - 10:39

I found the pdm-304.bin using google and I installed it on all 5 pixes this morning. Every one of my computers can now access the PDM :)

This Discussion