cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Optical Network

d.gardner2
Level 1
Level 1

I currently work for a company that has dark fiber at all of the locations that need to be served. My question is related more to an overkill problem. We are needing to set up a new private network, LAN if you will, that serves all of these locations, all within say 5 miles of each other. The current system is at or near capacity, and belongs to another group. We need an solution that will utilize these dark fibers and serve our Ethernet needs. For now, this will be an internal private domain that will serve to provide connectivity between the main servers in one location, the backup servers in another location, and all the clients at all locations. We are looking at 4+ locations on our fiber, with fiber also needing to be our last mile solution in some cases, again dark fiber already exists. I know it seems overkill to use fiber for less then 50 machines, but my question is, is what optical equipment would suit this problem without buying the "Gold Elite".

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Could you specify the feature set of your device?

sjohanh123
Level 1
Level 1

You need a simple cost effective passive WDM system.

Have a look at CWDM/DWDM players like Ciena, Transmode, MRV....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: