cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vg224 config

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

All, Im trying to configure a vg224 to do MGCP with a CUCM 6.x. I have it registered with the callmanager successfully, and I have at this point one fxs port configured. I feel like something is missing though, and Id like your opinion on it. It just seems to me like the voice port needs to be configured with something, but Im not sure what exactly, if anything. Would you guys mind looking over this config and seeing if there is anything you would add? Im using this to connect a bunch of fax machines to this vg224, which callmanager will process. I dont plan on doing any fallback on this, although maybe I should. Anyway, Id like your opinion on this, especially since I cant test this in my lab, as I dont have a amphenol cable with me. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

All, I think the config is ok. Im going to move forward with it to the site and put it in place. I did add the "no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco " command.

Joseph did this ever work for you? Iam wondering the same thing, why are the voice-ports configured with anything?

Thanks

Michael Hanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your configuration is fine. The POTS dial-peer for your port is MGCP controlled by CUCM so you do not need anything additional configured there.

From a fax perspective, you appear to have passthrough and Cisco fax relay enabled. In this case, Cisco fax relay will have precedence. Just make sure that you have Cisco fax relay configured on your other voice gateways as well and this configuration should work fine for faxes.

Regards,

David

Hey, sorry I havent responded. I didnt realize this thread was still going. Yes, it all worked out ok. All the control was with the CUCM and configuration was done only on the CUCM. No worries about the config directly on the vg224.

Thanks Joseph, I have the VG224 registered with CCM but i was a little worried since i have no analog phone to test with (i will next week) that there might be something wrong when i get these analog phones.

Thanks

You may want to add CPTONE xxxx ( country) on each voice port

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: