cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoIPPhoneExecute with URL query strings

mskelton45
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully used the CiscoIPPhoneExecute xml object with URLs that contain query strings? Specifically, I'm wondering how to pass query string values that include spaces.

I'm able to successfully execute a URL such as:

http://<webaddress>/PushPage.asp?Field1=Value1&Field2=Value2

However, when I try to execute a URL like:

http://<webaddress>/PushPage.asp?Field1=Value with space&Field2=Value2

The phone displays an error message that says "Not Available", and the url that is pushed never gets executed.

I have tried representing spaces in the query string values using both the conventional "+" symbol, and I have also tried using "%20". Neither of these escape sequences seems to work.

Thanks for any advice.

-Mike

4 Replies 4

Thanks for your response, but no, the ampersand isn't the issue. I am correctly escaping those characters as "&"; I left that out of my example for the sake of clarity.

Anyone else?

According to the SDK documentation the XML parser requires a different escape value for &. I can't post it because this site keeps converting it to a & and I don't know how to escape it. It's on page 2-25 of the IP Phone Services Application Development Notes. It has an ampersand, then the letters "amp" and then a semicolon.

Thanks for the response. As I stated above, I know that ampersand (&) must be escaped, and I am properly escaping that character in the XML packets. I'm not having any problems pushing URLs that contain ampersand.

What I can't figure out is how to push URLs with *SPACES* included in the query string values. Please see the example URLs I posted in my original message, specifically the second URL. Again, I omitted the necessary ampersand escape sequence there for clarity.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: