cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

prompt in unity

tinachhabra
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a prompt in unity which says " Record your message after the tone or press 0 for immediate assistance"

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No - there's a prompt that says "Record your message at the tone. When you are finished, hang up or hold for more options." It's the prompt that plays by default after the greeting is played for any subscriber or call handler prior to taking messages. In Unity 5.x this can be disabled if you like.

I am aware of this prompt but we have a situation where if a caller hits a person's greeting; he might not want to leave a message but get a hold of some person immediately in that particular department by pressing 0. We do need some kind of a prompt which says this before the caller hits the tone for recording the message.How can we accomplish this?

If you only want this to play for select situations you'll have to include that information in the greeting you record for the call handlers you want to offer the option for. I'm unsure what other solution you're hoping for here - unless I'm missing something?

We want to implement some kind of a recording globally for all of our subscribers which says press 0 for immediate assistance right before the call hits the actual message beep. From here the user can either go on with recording the message or press 0.

Well, there may be another way to go about this but probably the easiest way is to just rerecord the prompt that says "I'll record your message at the tone..." to include the direction that they can go to the operator as well at that point.

There are actually two different prompts that say the same thing but get used in different places (i.e. if its a subscriber leaving the message vs. an outside caller). The prompts are:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreet016.WAV

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreet037.WAV

These both say "You may record your message at the tone..." thing. I'd make a backup of the original prompt just in case you want to go back or this isn't the guy you really wanted to remove. You can also pull it from the original install CD if you get in a jam.

This wouldn't be TAC supported, of course, but you're not likely to damage your system. Just be aware that upgrades will overwrite all your prompts so this would revert back to the default prompt - save a copy of your edited prompt for that.

Thanks...I will try this out.

I think you can set per user a personal greeting! The personal greeting can be saved. If you load the personal greeting file at every users personal greeting you can make default voicemailbox text. In this text you say the option to press 0 is their. Make sure the caller input set on and transfer the option 0 to the operator.

Hope this helps.... Greetz Martijn Gruyters