Problem linking 1310 to 350

Unanswered Question
Dec 27th, 2007

I have a 1310 providing access to clients via WPA with PEAP against MS IAS. These clients are connecting to our internal native VLAN. Yes - we're also running voice but it is NOT extended to the wireless users. A second SSID allows other unknown clients to connect, but they are tied through trunking to the DMZ segment of an ASA firewall.

So now comes another small group of users who have a 350 bridge that also need to connect to the internal native VLAN.

Might anyone have some pointers on how I can accomplish this? The main site is fully a Cisco shop. 2811 CME/CUE-enabled router. 3560 switch.

This small remote has a linksys router and switch. I had the two linked today over a separate SSID and VLAN with open auth/no encryption - but could not pass traffic. I believe that's related to the fact that the remote devices don't know what to do with the dot1q header.

At layer 3 - our network address is 192.168.2.0/24. The remote site network is 192.168.3.0/24.

I have attached the current device configurations for your review... I wish that a newer bridge for the remote site was in the cards, but it's not (for now..) Any pointers/suggestions towards resolution would be greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
srosenthal Mon, 01/07/2008 - 17:26

I believe the 350 and the 1300 are not compatible. I learned that first hand. Yes they will link, but it will be very sporadic.

kbrown Tue, 01/08/2008 - 11:10

I concur. The two are not compatible when you expect to transit VLANs between them. That gem of constraint I finally found in the 1300-series configuration documentation.

Here's the link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/b37scg.pdf

Specifically page 159 where it says:

"Cisco Aironet 1300 and 350 Series Bridges are interoperable when STP is enabled and no VLANs are configured."

Wish I would have known/seen this before hand.

Thanks everyone!

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted December 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM
Stats:
Replies:3 Avg. Rating:4
Views:149 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard