Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on hold for internal calls

mirtenmous
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I discovered that only external calls get MOH audio and not internal calls.

Is it a MOH feature or can I apply MOH audio in internal calls?.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

MoH works for internal calls too.

You just give us minimal info :-)

How do you provide MoH?

Directly from the server or from the gateway flash? Do you have a CUCM or CME?

There was lately a thread which just addressed your issue (or so I guess):

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbecb18

Cheers,

Martin

I have CCM 4.1 and I provide MOH form CCM server.

I checked user hold audio source and network hold audio source in phone, line number and device pool and all it is ok.

I don't what happen.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andres,

There are a number of reasons why callers hear Beeps instead of MOH for Internal calls. You will need at least CME 4.0 and use IP Multicast. Have a look;

Restrictions for Music on Hold

IP phones do not support multicast at 224.x.x.x addresses.

Cisco Unified CME 3.3 and earlier versions do not support MOH for local Cisco Unified CME phones that are on hold with other Cisco Unified CME phones; these parties hear a periodic repeating tone instead.

Cisco Unified CME 4.0 and later versions support MOH for internal calls only if the multicast moh command is used to enable the flow of packets to the subnet on which the phones are located.

Internal extensions that are connected through an analog voice gateway (Cisco VG 224) or through a WAN (remote extensions) do not hear MOH on internal calls.

Multicast MOH is not supported on a phone if the phone is configured with the mtp command or the paging-dn command with the unicast keyword.

From this excellent CME doc;

Configuring Music on Hold

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807dab90.html#wp1010333

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: