cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed mtu config

ljohnson21
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to increase the mtu on an etherchannel but I am getting an error saying that the gig interface does not support the mtu change. the connections are copper connections b/w 2 6506s.

TIA,

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Gig interfaces on a PIX will fail to establish link to a peer that does not support auto-negotiation. This behavior is seen when the PIX interface is set to 1000auto, 1000basesx, and 1000sxfull.

I resolved my issue. I am using the WS-X6548-GE-TX which does not support jumbo frames.

Darian O'Dirling - TCE
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see you are interested in MTU configuration. I encourage anyone who is running into this issue or wants to learn more about MTU configuration on Nexus 9000 series switches to watch this video made by a colleague mind. The video outlines the need for proper MTU in the network and explains how to remedy MTU related interface errors, via interface MTU configuration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbBeB6h9MKk

This video provides steps for configuring MTU on a Nexus 9000 switch. The video outlines the need for proper MTU in the network and explains how to remedy MTU related interface errors, via interface MTU configuration.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card