cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Temporarily Disable CSA?

stephenluppi
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to programmatically temporarily disable CSA, and then re-enable it programmatically? I'm looking for a way to disable CSA from starting (loading DLLs, starting the client...basically stopping all functionality) temporarily while a software installation runs, requiring multiple reboots. Then at the end of the installation, re-enabling all the functionality of CSA? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

3 Replies 3

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Steve,

Interesting request but not the first time I have heard it. It begs the question, "If you could do it via a program what would stop a hacker from doing the same?"

From my experience you will have to un-install CSA before you can run a software installation program which requires multiple reboots. Then you would have to re-install CSA.

Hope this helps. If we are lucky the resident West Coast expert on CSA, Tom S. will chime in.

Best,

Paul

Hi Steve (and thanks Paul)

If you can't make exceptions for the installations (there are quite a few canned policies to work with), I would suggest a maintenance window where the rules blocking the install are put in test mode. After the installs they can be reenabled.

If this does not work then Paul's suggestion may be the only alternative.

Tom

Thanks Tom and Paul,

It makes sense not to do it programatically, as a hacker would...I guess I never looked at it from that Point of View. The idea of putting some rules in test mode will probably work great for what I need.

Again, Thanks Much for the responses! Happy New Year :-)

-Steve