Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with portuguese SPAM

Hi all,

This is my first post and sorry for my poor english. I manager over 20 IronPort appliances (C100/C150/C350) and I have many problems with SPAMs mainly in portuguese language.

Anybody here knows or has available to SPAMs in potuguese dictionary?

For conventional SPAMs this appliances working good :)

Thanks and best regards,
Alex Martins

6 Replies 6

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

You can possibly try creating a custom profanity/spam dictionary and then and then using an incoming content filter to match Portuguese spam emails aginst the custom dictionary.

Basically, it is using a keyword match.

Here are some support portal kb articles that should help.

How do I use content dictionaries with filters

Hi all,

This is my first post and sorry for my poor english. I manager over 20 IronPort appliances (C100/C150/C350) and I have many problems with SPAMs mainly in portuguese language.

Thanks and best regards,
Alex Martins

valter_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

Please also submit the SPAMs samples so we can work to create the IPAS rules.

I am quite sure you already know these articles:

http://tinyurl.com/lpz9z - How do I create RFC-822 MIME encoded attachments?

http://tinyurl.com/en48a - How do I report IronPort Anti-Spam false positives or missed spam?

If you find any problem creating/submitting the samples, just create a Customer Support ticket and we can help you on this.

Regards,
Valter

Hi Alex

if you are open to the idea - our team in Madrid and I would be keen to set up some spamtraps on your appliances if possible. These can feed our spamtraps directly if it seems that our corpus is missng some spam that we should otherwise be seeing.

If this is an idea you would be - please reply to this post so we can contact each other

Jason :D

You can possibly try creating a custom profanity/spam dictionary and then and then using an incoming content filter to match Portuguese spam emails aginst the custom dictionary. 

Basically, it is using a keyword match.

Here are some support portal kb articles that should help.

How do I use content dictionaries with filters

Hi all,

Thanks and best regards,
Alex Martins

Thanks for everything, but I already use this method, I would like to know if anyone even here the forum would have this type of dictionary already created.

I am not a beginner administrator of IronPort, i manager currently 22 appliances, including I c100, c150 and c350:)

Thanks again.

Hi Alex,

Please also submit the SPAMs samples so we can work to create the IPAS rules.

I am quite sure you already know these articles:

http://tinyurl.com/lpz9z - How do I create RFC-822 MIME encoded attachments?

http://tinyurl.com/en48a - How do I report IronPort Anti-Spam false positives or missed spam?

If you find any problem creating/submitting the samples, just create a Customer Support ticket and we can help you on this.

Regards,
Valter

Valter,

I know my friend :)

Você sabe que eu disso né hehehehe, mas gostaria de saber se alguém do fórum teria algum dicionário pronto né hehehehe

Thanks,
Alex Martins

Hi Alex

if you are open to the idea - our team in Madrid and I would be keen to set up some spamtraps on your appliances if possible. These can feed our spamtraps directly if it seems that our corpus is missng some spam that we should otherwise be seeing.

If this is an idea you would be - please reply to this post so we can contact each other

Jason :D

It's a good idea, but it's not working for me. I've some traps on my clients, some of them send up to 230.000 messages per week. But it´s not good enough... We need somenting more efficient...

Thanks,
Alex Martins

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: