New CCDE certification

Unanswered Question
Dec 29th, 2007

Does anyone have any information on this new cert? when/if it will be available?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ccbootcamp Sat, 12/29/2007 - 06:53

The written is in beta test. As far as the lab portion goes, it's unclear as to when it will be available. The CCDE team is still working out the details.

If you shoot me an email, I can give you a bit more details.

(please rate the post if this helps!)

sgregg Sat, 12/29/2007 - 07:21

I sure hope they clean up the curriculum some because as it stands now you pretty much need to know a ridiculous amount of material, at least 20 books of materials to cover the currently identified curriculum. I couldnt even guess how many hours of practice labs that equates to. It would appear that it is shaping up to be one of the more difficult expert exams.

swmorris Sat, 12/29/2007 - 07:47

That's usually the kinds of things that betas help with.

Although, realistically, to be a "design expert" don't you think that you would NEED to know things from a plethora of different technologies and places?

Experience is a hard thing to quantify sometimes, but that's the big thing being tested.

Watch the web site for details. When things get straightened out there will be public announcements about the certification. Until then, things change and things fluctuate, so don't get too hung up on any details yet!

[email protected]

Jsteve1001 Sat, 12/29/2007 - 19:39

Thanks for the response guys. This looks like something I would defiantly like to pursue.

Brad, are there any plans for ccbootcamp training in the future for this exam?

swmorris Tue, 01/22/2008 - 12:53

No worries!

Keep in mind, by the way, that there's not really going to be a "shortcut" in training to work on a certification such as this.

Although you may have some classes come up, and people interested, it's a LOT of materials in a NON-HANDS-ON environment, which can make for a really boring week of class! :)

They're trying hard to focus this on an "experience" exam. When you look at the size of the written exam blueprint, you'll get an idea about what I mean!

[email protected]

Jsteve1001 Tue, 01/22/2008 - 19:01

I don't see any reference to the Lab portion of the Certification, are they thinking about leaving the lab out?

swmorris Tue, 01/22/2008 - 19:07

heheheh... Wishful thinking.

No, there will be a "practical" exam (they're deliberately not calling it a "lab"). That hasn't been fully developed yet, which is why it's a little lacking in the information.

But it will be a design-oriented practical exam.

As always, stay tuned for more details! but it will be a few more months yet.

Going to Networkers???

[email protected]

Jsteve1001 Tue, 01/22/2008 - 19:10

No, I got to many projects in the pipline that will keep me busy for the next 8 months. I am upgrading my DWDM ONS15454s as we speak.

This Discussion