cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IAD2431 Load IOS

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IAD2431 that the IOS has been deleted off of and I am trying to load via the Compact Flash but I keep getting errors and it will nto load. Any ideas on best way to load the IOS from ROMMON?

6 Replies 6

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

What kind of errors are you getting from the CF? I suppose you could always do an XMODEM from ROMMON (assuming that's available on the IAD).

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Type "tftpload" in rommon. It will tell you which parameters you have to set to load the image. To set a parameter, just type it followed by = and the value. Then connect the TFTP server to the lowest LAN and repeat the command, tftpload.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I am getting errors stating that the c2400-atafslib-m not found. I do not have an IP on the IAD so I do not think I can TFTP the IOS to it. I am trying to do it via XMODEM which of course is about a 4 1/2 hour process

Exactly because of length via xmodem, TFTP is provided. The IP is given at the time you config as mentioned above.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

OK after I did the TFTPDNLD I get the output in the attached Text Doc.

I don't seen rommon prompt or tftpdnld command in the file included. When turning on the router, send one or two breaks from the terminal program, and this will give you rommon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card