Views
Helpful
Replies

Very Weird !!!

m.samouka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i have a new connection between the Main Office Site and a new remote site.

the 2 sites are connected by a fiber the main site by 6500 and the remote site with 3560.

you can find that all in the attachment.

the problem is that from my subnet i can connect (telnet & Ping) to the 6500 i also can connect to 2 other switch (2960) behind the remote site, but the problem is that i can't connect (telnet & ping) to the 3560!!! olthough i can reach the switches behind it.

can anyone help me please...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have "ip routing" on the 3560's. This means that "ip default-gateway ..." is not in effect. You might want to use "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ..." instead.

Please go to the cisco link explaining the difference between "ip route 0 0" and "ip default-gateway"

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094374.shtml

Hope this helps.

-Binh

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Are you be able to console to these 3560?

1- Make sure the switches have ip default-gateway configured in them.

2- Are there any access-list / access-class aplied in vty lines ?

check this and get back.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like no default gateway or default static route if the 3560 has ip routing turned on ..

i actually can connect to these 2 switches from the core switches. but i cant telnet or even ping them from my management subnet although i can telnet and reach the switches behind them!

for the default gateways on these switches you can find them in the configuration file.

does your 2960 switches behind 3560s have also their defualt-dateway as 172.17.0.2?

Jorge Rodriguez

no Actually the default gateway on these switches is the virtual ip of the 2 distribution switches (3560) of the remote site

Any News guys, this issue doesn't make sense and i can't solve it...

You have "ip routing" on the 3560's. This means that "ip default-gateway ..." is not in effect. You might want to use "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ..." instead.

Please go to the cisco link explaining the difference between "ip route 0 0" and "ip default-gateway"

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094374.shtml

Hope this helps.

-Binh

Thanks Very much man :-)

you are right this was the problem, and it is solved now.

Many thanks for you all Guys.

(& Happy new year!!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: