cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

addition of a SNMP command using ciscowork

roger.malik
Level 1
Level 1

i have one unique problem. i need to add the single "SNMP location <site>" command on all the network devices and we have around 500 sites more than 1000 devices.

it would be pretty hard to login into every device and put commands. do we have shortcut method to achieve the this using ciscoworks or thorugh any software? thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes this is doable with Netconfig. Read the online help on parameterized templates. These templates allow you to deploy the same command with different values for a series of devices. You will need to create an XML-like file that will hold the values for the specific devices.

No, you do not need to add a "no" command first as there can be only one snmp-server location.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, CiscoWorks can do this using the Netconfig component within the Resource Manager Essentials application. Netconfig will allow you to deploy any commands to a series of devices using a number of protocols such as TFTP, telnet, and SSH.

sorry i was not able to communicate properly earlier. within the command "SNMP location " site name will change for every site.

in this case also i can use netconfig ? thanks again for your reply, please furhter guide.

Hi Guys,

Any idea hwo i can solve this issue and one more thing do i need to put "no SNMP location " before ?

despaterly looking for this issue as this will ease out my whol week burdens. thanks guys.

Yes this is doable with Netconfig. Read the online help on parameterized templates. These templates allow you to deploy the same command with different values for a series of devices. You will need to create an XML-like file that will hold the values for the specific devices.

No, you do not need to add a "no" command first as there can be only one snmp-server location.

Hey Jclarke,

I am reading online help and i think this would resolve my problem and lot of lots of time. thanks again.

what you want to achieve can be done in

10 minutes with a simple expect script.

Put the device ip address and in a

file. Wrap around the expect script with

a simple shell script with while loop and

it will work.

Basically, expect/TcL can do things that

expensive Ciscowork can not do.

Hi,

Actually i am not having any kind of expertise in scripting, can you give full details to overcome this by scripting, Actually as Jclarke suggested cicowork is capable of doing and i am learning online help for it.

but in future i would be intreseted in doing this via scripting. any kind of help from you will a welcome note for me. thanks a bunch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco