cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configration

ramnetindia
Level 1
Level 1

i have internet connection 2mb on hp router framrelay conection on hp router router one serial port is coneted to inter net and hp eth port goes to firewall port,anoter firewall port goes to switch, and 2821 another router ethernet port goes to same switch,and having 4 serial ports having goes to multi links to 4 branches,on 4 remote branches i having routers and each branch i having 100,100,100,250and main branch 250 users in this senario i wnat to configure my all network setup .plz suggest me best configration.

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Main issue in design of this model is ip addressing. Here is my opinion for ip addressing. Assign different subnets for each branch office with /16 subnet mask. Say for eg 10.1.0.0/16 , 10.2.0.0/16, 10.3.0.0/16, 10.4.0.0/16 so that you wouldn't problem when you add additional hosts in Branch offices. Then take 10.5.0.0/16 and assign the ip address in this range for Port 1 , Port 2 of the firewaal (Transparent Mode) and Ethernet interface of HP router. You will obviously assign a public ip to wan interface of HP router and do Port Address Translation(PAT) on HP router.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card