cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet access - TCP 6129

myounger
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router that responds to telnet on 6129. I also have an access-list permitting specific ip address tied to an access-class, applied inbound to my VTY ports. What is this port and how do I remove it? Please advise and thanks!

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

can you post the relevant acl # configuration and router type.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Matt

The question of what is it is easier than the question of how do you get rid of it.

The port in question is a reverse telnet port. We are generally familiar with reverse telnet to ports in the 2000 range. But Cisco also supports reverse telnet to ports in the 4000 and 6000 range. My understanding is that the 6000 range is like the 2000 range except that it does not generate carriage return/line feed at carriage return in the session. So it looks like a reverse telnet to line 129.

I am not clear about why it is being generated or how to remove it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I was able to fix this by applying the access-class to line aux 0. Thanks for the help!

Matt

I am glad that you were able to fix it. Thank you for posting back to the thread and indicating what resolved the issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: