cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

12.2(33)SXH bug

abouassab
Level 1
Level 1

I've upgraded my 6500 to 12.2(33)SXH and since then I'm experimenting some issues:

the switch crashes after some weeks and reboots automatically.

I'm monitoring the memory and noticed a serious memory leak.

Has some one already seen this issue?

7 Replies 7

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do a show version and make sure you have the minimum amount of memory needed for 12.2.33 sxh , this takes a minimum of 512 meg dram , this is on the assumption that you are running a 720 supervisor. That version takes a lot of dram .

Thanks for the reply,

show version:

cisco WS-C6506-E (R7000) processor (revision 1.1) with 516096K/8192K bytes of memory.

System image file is "bootdisk:s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-33.SXH.bin"

-vz is the Modular IOS image. Did you follow the installation instructions for IOS Software Modularity?

Running IOS Software modules in their own protected space will help guard the stability of your switch from leaks and uncontained failures.

But yes, please definitely open a TAC case.

Thx.

NS

I followed the installation instruction for IOS upgrade and nothing special with IOS software modularity.

Is there a new procedure for modular software?

Thanks

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/swmod/configuration/guide/sw_mod_instl_cfg.html#wp1054295

It's recommended to read up on IOS Software Modularity to understand it's purpose and advantages.

Thanks,

I will read this doc.

johgill
Level 1
Level 1

I would recommend opening a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco