diplomarbeit001... Tue, 01/01/2008 - 10:33
User Badges:

Hi,

I can recommend Wendell Odom's CCNA Official Exam Certification Guide Libary. I found these two books very helpful as they are organized perfectly to pass the CCNA exam.

Regards Torsten

dbeare Wed, 01/02/2008 - 05:17
User Badges:

I used Wendell's books and the Sybex book by Todd Lammle to study. I'd also highly recommend purchasing some routers and switches, eBay is relatively inexpensive if you know how to play it, as hands on experience is the best. That combination worked great for me.

sgregg Sat, 01/05/2008 - 12:18
User Badges:

I re-up'd my CCNA jan of 2007 just before knocking out my CCNP and CCSP over the course of the year. I will say that the CCNA books by Cisco Press that I used were about 10 times better than the ones I used on my first CCNA in 2000. The books were very well written and had excellent labs that touched on all the details of each section. Make sure you get the newer CCNA books, look at the printed dates. It seems the ones I had were written by 2 females and I believe they may of came out with 2 updated books since from Cisco Press by different authors.

While there wasn't a whole lot of labs on my test the hands on lab practice is still essential to understanding and applying what you are learning. I would recommend picking up dynamips (free router emulator(not simulator)) and using it for all your routing labs, should also be ample for the switching portion of the CCNA if you can figure out how to add the switching network modules. Also you can buy some online lab time, the CCNA/CCNP labs are pretty cheap, many less than $1 an hour, just look up rack rental, lab time, etc on google.

Good luck!

-s

Actions

This Discussion