cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN From Belize To US

brudaine1200
Level 1
Level 1

I need a vpn from belize to a united states server so i can use vonage without my isp knowing a thing I do here because they block VoIP. Pleases Advise as to what equipment I need, what service I'll need to subscribe to and what's my first step. I am a local computer technician, just haven't been able to use or know this specific area.

2 Replies 2

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

Well, first you need to find someone who is willing to terminate your VPN tunnel for you! Then, you can get a couple of ASA5505s or 871 routers...

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

Thank you Brad,

please advise: I'm looking at the Cisco 871 Routers, in the situation I would set this up in I would have a ADSL line in Belize from an ISP named BTL (Belize Telemedia Limited) they're a monopoly and block all telephony, VoIP, even higher end port traffic... So when I connect vpn server router (I assume thats what it'll be) it will vpn all traffic securely to the remote router through a static ip address of their own? And once on the United States side I have the Router (I assume it's the one that also allows WiFi connections Correct?) connected to any American ISP, it'll pick up all the vpn traffic with no interference from BTL? You've been invaluable to me so far so stick with me here I'm working on a 20 million dollar project..... If you can please foward this information to sarifrank@yahoo.com and brudaine1200@yahoo.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: