Design question

Unanswered Question
Jan 2nd, 2008

I am looking at building a contact centre for an IT user support business.

The customer wants to be able to report on how many calls a certain customer has made, average call duration and all other details on an individual customer basis.

I have thought about giving each customer a PIN number then get them to enter that when they call the script. Then log this along with other details into a separate database and run my own reports on that

Has anyone else done anything similar? As I see that running queries against my database for the customer number and against the Cisco database for call times, durations etc might get messy

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Mark Pareja Wed, 01/02/2008 - 23:10

Yes, We have done this. We use acc# and update a record via IP-IVR in our CRM database each time a customer calls in, and then when we release the customer they are sent back to the IP-IVR to update the "customer experience" fields (Q-time, delivered agent, # of xfers, etc.) We have had greate success with this, however there is one cotcha. Upon database connect failure events, you must release the caller back into a Q and deliver the call normally to an agent. IP-IVR has gotten a lot better about keeping its DB Connections clean but there are some instances when they can lock up and a engine restart is in order.

This Discussion