cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC SQL Databases

roxysbrian
Level 1
Level 1

Can multiple SQL databases, aside from the ones that IPCC uses, be created on the IPCC server? Or should they be created on a separate server?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

alex_hannah
Level 4
Level 4

Technically yes you can create other databases on the ipcc server. Does TAC support this, no.

Another problem that comes up is SQL patches and SQL upgrades ( Cisco Approved ), I would have to lab this up, but I believe they wipe out any databases other than Cisco Approved.

At any rate, spend the money and get a stand alone server, it's well worth it.

I do have a dedicated server but it's SQL 2005 which I see Cisco does not support yet. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks

Brian

Mark Pareja
Level 1
Level 1

What DB specifically are you trying to access, If your only trying to consolidate your DB servers it is strongly recommended not to mess with the Logger DB or the AW DB's, this can cause major headaches and supportability concerns, remember your entire callcenter relies on the availability of the data in those Logger DB's. If you would like to extract data from the AW Real-Time DB or HDS DB, it is real easy to create a Stored Proc, or a replication process that can retrieve that data and store it on a SQL 2003, MySQL, or Oracle DB Server. I have head very good success with all three.

Basically what I am attempting to do is to create a script that will look up a persons account and report their balance and who they owe the balance(s) to, then give them the option to make a payment on that balance. The payments that they make will be stored in a separate database from our main account database. Our payments or customer service departments will need to get a report of the payments made for the previous day, or have a file auto generated so that it can be uploaded into our main server for processing and posting.

Our main server is an AS400 but unfortunately the info is stored in flat files and not a database. The payments database will be SQL.

Yes you would want to use CRS for this application, this would be the most effective method. If i were writing this application i would write Stored Procedures for most of the operations such as acc lookup, payments, and payment history. Then have CRS reference these stored procedures when writing my vru app.

For the AS400 side of things you will need to either create a scheduled job that runs a query and outputs it to a flat file (CSV or tab Delim) and then a job on the AS400 to pickup and parse the file or place the file in a AS400 mailbox that has been created for this purpose. The las step should be satisified outside of CRS, CRS should only be used to interact with the customer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: