cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up hunting group but cannot start voice mail at the that has voice mail

auraycats
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a hunting group that contains couple of extensions. The last extension in the hunt list has an Unity voice mail box. The hunting group runs OK (top down, try next number based on the hunting group sequence). Every phone rings. However, the caller will hear a busy tone instead of greetings from Unity after he reaches the end of the hunting list extensions. The voice mail at that extension works OK if it is a normal extension or external call. Did I miss some parameters? Is it a limitation on hunting group? I need some guidance from expert in this area.

Ray Au

Singapore

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ray,

Hope the new year finds you well!

The Forwarding information should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level because the Forwarding Settings on the individual phones are ignored when the call is routed via the Hunt Group. These settings (on the Hunt Pilot) need to be configured to go to the Unity Voicemail Pilot #;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Can you try setting these up as well as adding the Hunt Pilot DN xxxx as an Alternate Extension under the "last extensions" Voicemail Box :)

From this good CCM 4.1.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed664.html#wp1023973

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, tks for your quick response. I forgot to indicate that I am running call manager version 4.0 (2). The hunting features in line group are limited. it only has no answer, busy, not available. Is there any workaround find in version 4.0?

Ray Au

Singapore

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ray,

No worries! There is a nice workaround detailed by one of my favourite NetPros Allan shown below;

"Have you tried configuring your huntlist with an additional Line-Group which consists of the Voicemail ports.

Configuring the Hunt/Options for your orignal Line-Group to skip remaining members and go directly to the next group, and the next group will be the group containing the voicemail ports.

The voicemail should follow the original called party which was the huntgroup pilot, and providing a mailbox exists for this pilot then you should be able to leave a VM."

"Remember the Hunt Pilot of the hunt list has to be either a subscriber or alternate extension."

So in your case Ray, you may want to setup the Hunt Directory Number as an Alternate Extension under the last DN in the List that you have already configured with a VM Box.

From this older thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd7955c/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

It is very helpful. Now I can run/activate mail box at the ended extension of the hunting list.

Have a nice day.

Ray Au

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: