Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying the IronPort Spam Quarantine Notification message

systems
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're using AsyncOS Version 5.5.1-011 and we're wondering if there is any way to modify the IronPort Spam Quarantine Notification message body (for example add html) ?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Rob.

5 Replies 5

Wargot_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I asked the same question when we were going through the design stage of our inplementation.

As far as I am aware there is no option to notify users of message stopped by the IPAS engine. You only have 4 actions that can be applied to messages identified as either postivie or suspect spam, they are:

Deliver
Drop
Quarantine
Bounce

You are able to append or prepend text to the subject. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

systems
Level 1
Level 1

You are indeed correct, you are able to add text to the body of the message, however it would really help the end users if they could receive a custom link they can click on (in the case they are checking their spam quarantine outside of our corporate network). I guess that's not currently available. Maybe something that might be available in future releases. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

You modify the text of the notification message on the IronPort Spam Quarantine setup page.

Choose Monitor -> Quarantines and enable the IronPort Spam Quarantine.

[/img]

systems
Level 1
Level 1

I was actually refering to adding formatting and html to the notification message which it appears is not possible to do.

Hi,

any developlment on this  issue ?

have trhe same needs,
that is , customizing email sent to users, with  our company logo.

Tanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: