LAN Lite on 2960 ok for CCNA study?

Unanswered Question
Jan 2nd, 2008

I'm building a CCNA home lab. I'm just kinda jumping in and learning, so when I ordered 2 new 2960s I didn't realize they came with something new called LAN Lite. I'm thinking of returning them and getting some with LAN Base. (I think)

Anybody got any info about LAN Lite on a 2960 and studying for the CCNA? Is it fully functional enough?

Thanks...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi There

I have to admit I have never heard of LAN Lite. When I was setting up my own lab I purchased all my equipment 2nd hand from Ebay and would look for equipment with the IOS version I wanted.

You might consider posting your question on the LAN Switching and Routing forum. I think you will like get a quick response there.

Best Regards & Best Wishes for 2008 and beyond,

Michael

bs_texas_ Sun, 01/13/2008 - 01:22

Thanks for the reply. I posted over there as well, in another LAN Lite thread, but haven't seen a reply.

Does anybody else have any info on LAN Lite on a 2960 with regards to studying for the CCNA?

Thanks,

Bennie

bs_texas_ Mon, 01/14/2008 - 14:42

Thanks for your reply and the link.

In the list of links on the left on that page, the last item is "Unsupported Commands in Cisco IOS Release 12.2(37)EY".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_37_ey/configuration/guide/swuncli.html

It looks like there are a lot of unsupported commands with this version. For instance, "show mac-address table". Or, "show running-config vlan".

It seems to me (a novice) that those are commands that would be needed while studying for the CCNA.

Other comments welcome. I need to decide today or tomorrow if I need to send the 2 2960's back and get the more robust version.

Thanks...

Actions

This Discussion