Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephonne

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of my customer is having the 2 analog telephone lines,2 normal analog telephones and 8 IP Phones,

the appropriate router is equiped with FXS card to attach the normal analog phones and FXO card for connecting the analog telephone lines.

My clarification is can directly terminate the analog telephone lines to the FXO port of the router?

How I can access the public telephone from FXS port?

For the IP phones is it require to have the Gateway router separately?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1 yes

2 when configured corrctly, just dial from the analog phone.

3 sorry, what do you mean? you said you have a CCME router already, that's enough.

Hi Bevilacqua,

Wish You a Happy New Year....

Thank you very much for the info.

Best Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

connect the analogue lines to the FXO ports. Connect the handsets to the FXS ports . Use the sccp controlled FXS port feature to provide all the more advanced CME features on the handsets -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

You normally have the IP phones registered to the gateway router. There is nothing stopping you from regsitering the phones to a seperate gateway and then using VOIP dial peers to point to another PSTN gateway router - means we sell more routers :-)

Hi PCAMERON,

Wish you a Happy New Year...

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

S.Venkataraman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: