Helpful
Replies

1230 & 1240 APS deauthenticating clients

Descotes.D
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning.

I've got a problem on my 1230 & 1240 APs

The association with clients is running well, but every time after a short period (less than 1 second), the AP deauthenticate the clients, showing me this log :

Mar 1 00:14:45.979 Information Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 0020.4a96.07bf Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid

Mar 1 00:14:45.977 Warning Packet to client 0020.4a96.07bf reached max retries, removing the client

somebody has a solution for that problem, please?

5 Replies 5

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

configuration examples that explain how to configure different types of Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 authentication methods on Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807f42e9.shtml

ralphbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Descotes.D did you ever get this problem solved. I am in a similar boat, but do not get the "short period" of connectivity. Here is my post;

Interesting...I am experiencing the same problem, but when adding another laptop to the existing 5 Aironet 1100's. The existing laptops work fine, but when trying to add another node, I see the problem. I get the following error message in the error log as well as the activity screen;

-------------------------

Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 0002.2d34.a0fe Reason:

Previous authentication no longer valid

------------------------

Unit - 6 units

Cisco Aironet 1100 version 12.3.(07)JA

The error takes place with no other units online, or when other units are in use. Also the laptop in question "shows" connected to the AP (yes I have tried other APs all with negative results). The settings on the laptops are all the same, so I am at a loss.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

Ralph

i haven't found the solution, In fact the problem was not a true one.

the best solution to investigate these kinds of problems, in my opinion, is using a low layer wireless sniffer, as Kismet.

I think that i was seeing this log when the clients roamed from a cisco device to another brand device, but this is without any confirmation..

Thanks for the reply!

No PEAP...only WEP for now.

Ralph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: