cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web auth + radius + ms-chap

MouhatNicolas
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a web auth with a radius server. I use IAS as radius server. How can I set up the controller (4402) to use mschap? When I see the IAS logs, the controller is always using PAP.

5 Replies 5

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Try out the CLI command config custom-web radiusauth on the controller and select the auth type as CHAP. But make sure IA server is configured to accept CHAP.

Thanks, I found the option in the WebUI, but I can't set up the IAS to work with CHAP. I have constantly an error about passwords that are not reversible.

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

The CHAP option for the controller is for CHAP, not MS-CHAP. For IAS to be able to authenticate webauth users you need to change the Radius service type from Framed to Login on the IAS server.

I set up the controller and IAS as you said, but I still have the error "A reversibly encrypted password does not exist for this account"

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure to change the webauth authentication type back to PAP. The IAS server won't be able to unhash the CHAP password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card