cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME and Cisco Unified communications express

sarenos2006
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody can explain me which are the differences between CCME and CUCE?

I have a customer that need 60 extensions and wants to use SIP not SCCP.

Is there any disadvantage if I use SIP? Can I register any vendor IP phone in the cisco SIP router?

regards

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can use SIP phone with CCME, but the overall functionality will not good. Basically, cisco does not officially support non-cisco phones with CME. You will not have, or will have trouble enabling any feature like dual-line, call transfer, conference, etc.

I think the situation is not much different for CCM. Once something doesn't work with a non-cisco phones, you have no support from from Cisco.

I suggest you show him how the cisco phone works nicely in SCCP, with directories, etc.

But if I use cisco IP phones with SIP I haven't pay for the CCME license.

Will we have problems too? in call transfer, dual-line etc... if I'm using Cisco IP phones but using SIP?

Hi,

I personally find the SIP mode with CCME to be inferior and more complicated to use than SCCP.

mnasser78
Level 1
Level 1

As I know; Yes you can run SIP phones on CME, I didn't try it, but details are presented in document:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Express System Administrator Guide

which clearly tells that u can use IP Phones running SIP if ur CME 3.4 or later, u shall use "Voice register dn" instead of "ephone-dn", and "Voice register pool" instead of "ephone".

If u go for SIP, and it works, please let me know

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: