cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 No Clients

brownp
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to set up my first Aironet 1232 AP and am having difficulties having it actually broadcast its SSID.

I am using the web interface (no console cable) and have used the express setup and express security pages.

I'm using DHCP and have tried using a variety of security methods.

I have made sure that the "Broadcast SSID in Beacon" is selected.

On the AP itself, the middle LED is blinking rapidly, which the docs say means that there are no clients associated, but I can't see the SSID on anything to fix this.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, so any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

As far as Express security is the only page from where you have option to setup the SSID to be broadcast in its beacon. Telnet to the access point and do it via CLI. Refer the following URL for sample configuration http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_8_JA/configuration/guide/s38frst.html#wp1140593. If this doesn't work Reset and reconfigure or upgrade the IOS version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card