cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) Distribution List Problem

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I created a distribution list yesterday and when trying to use it, we keep getting an error about "This Recipients Email Address Does Not Exist. If This Recipients Is New Wait A Few Minutes". I waited a day and still get that error! I deleted the distribution list and created a new one. Same problem. Any ideas? It's a Unity 4.0(4) SR1 system. Thanks!!

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you look in AD and open the properties for the PDL, does it have an email address on the E-mail Addresses tab and are there members listed on the Members tab? Can you send an email to this group?

Brandon

Yes, there is a SMTP and a X.400 email address for the AD object and there are also members on the Members tab.

We have a VMO system so I didn't try emailing the group. I logged into the OWA interface for my VM box and I was able to find the distribution list in the list, but I didn't try sending anything to it.

Anyone have any more ideas? It's been a few hours since I created the new distribution list today and I'm still getting the "...email address does not exist" error message. Thanks!

I was able to login to the OWA interface for my VM box and send an email to the distribution list, but I still get the same error as before if I try and create a VM to the distribution list. I created another totally new distribution list today and it's having the same problem.

Any ideas? Any chance not rebooting the sever in 327 days has anything to do with it?

if you created the dl in Unity and are having this error, try creating it in ad/exchange and then importing it into Unity.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: