cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 on VMWare ESX 3.0 Question

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a license for LMS 3.0 and I am looking into upgrading to LMS 3.0 December updates. Before proceeding I would like to test update in a test environment I have set up. Is it possible to install LMS 3.0 december updates on a VMWare ESX server I have to use for my test environment. How does that effect my current license usage or does it matter.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0.1 supports ESX 3.0. However, if you already have LMS 3.0 installed on another server, you would need another license to install it on an ESX instance. If you do not have LMS 3.0 installed anywhere, you can simply install 3.0.1 on ESX with your existing license.

View solution in original post

I cannot say. You will need to contact your sales rep to get the correct price for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0.1 supports ESX 3.0. However, if you already have LMS 3.0 installed on another server, you would need another license to install it on an ESX instance. If you do not have LMS 3.0 installed anywhere, you can simply install 3.0.1 on ESX with your existing license.

Thanks. I have LMS 3.0 installed on a production server, however I wanted to have a development server to test to upgrades whenever a new release comes out so we can test and install on our production server once we verified that we are comfortable with the updates and how it effects our network devices. How much does an additional cost will be?

I cannot say. You will need to contact your sales rep to get the correct price for you.

Thanks. I will contact them to see if it is a reasonable price we are looking into upgrade from LMS 300 to LMS 1500 so I guess I can throw an additional license into the question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: