Can't connect Cisco 1250 LWAP to Cisco 2100 Controller.

Unanswered Question
Jan 3rd, 2008
User Badges:

Hello all. We just purchased a brand new 1250 access point (in lightweight mode) and a 2106 Wireless LAN Controller and are unable to get the access point to talk to the controller. Both the access point and the controller have the latest firmware versions on them. Here's the scene:

When the access point boots it can't find the DNS name for the controller (which was placed in DNS and pingable -- from the controller to the outside and vice versa) then the access point errors out and reloads. Error message:

%SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: INCOMPATIBLE CON

TROLLER VERSION.

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN

IOS Bootloader - Starting system.

You can see the access point in the controller before it reboots and from hyper terminal you can see it gets a DHCP address, but it is not pingable.

From what I've read all you have to do is configure the controller and then prime it or manually configure it (which was done) but it still errors out and reboots. My concern is the INCOMPATIBLE CONTROLLER VERSION. Can anyone help me with this?? Thanks in advance.

--Mike

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
douhanm Fri, 01/04/2008 - 13:40
User Badges:

are you running sw on the controller that supports 1250? you may need to upgrade

another thing is to make sure time is correct on the controller

maskey127 Fri, 01/04/2008 - 13:45
User Badges:

Yeah. The guy who originally set this up said everything was up to date, but I did a search on cisco's website and realized the software version didn't support the access point. If you want to do something right I guess you have to do it yourself. Thanks for replying.

--Mike

Actions

This Discussion