CCVP frustations

Unanswered Question
Jan 3rd, 2008

So I flunked my QOS test. Now I am not very happy. Is CCVP really worth it?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Danilo Dy Sat, 01/05/2008 - 21:49

Hi,

There are people who pursue unpopular certification/s because its related to their job description (i.e. they work in VoIP) and they want to prove themselves in this field.

If you are taking this certification for other reasons (i.e. just to have all Cisco Professional Certifications), it's not worth it!

You should focus your career. If you work in VoIP environment, whether the certification is unpopular and the exams are difficult, go for it. It will be an excellent achievement for you.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Dandy

flash2200 Sun, 01/06/2008 - 11:00

I did CCVP and yes QoS is a tough exam and so are most of the others in the track. CVOICE was not to bad.

I'd say if you plan to do Cisco for a career you need to know QoS these days no matter what.

There is a shortage of CCVP. Due in part to Cisco Press inability to provide a training book for TUC and also because it's just plain hard. If you get the cert however (and actually know how to use the knowledge in the real world) it is very useful to have on the resume and in the field.

Keep at it :)

HTH

addisonccvp Sun, 01/06/2008 - 21:24

It all depends on your career and in my point of view it does worth a lot. The certification is worth having when it really comes to an interview. What I believe is if both experiance and paper qualification together will give you a good edge over the others.

Failures are the pillars of success. There are many more options, don,t give up.

you can get a good understanding by hands-on experience and if you don't get much exposure at work building a home lab or rack rentals would help you.

If you find QOS difficult you can attend a class, i myself attended to one because i also don,t get much exposure at work and wanted to learn what i'm doing rather than cramming.

Good Luck and don,t give up!!

dlillis65 Sat, 02/23/2008 - 09:04

Well its been more than a month since your post. Have you tried the exam again? I wouldnt give up. The CCVP track is worth it if you are in the VOIP business.

dipen.gala Mon, 02/25/2008 - 12:50

This is what I did. i found the CCVP track too long and challenging and i knew i would require more than 5 attempts to clear the 5 certifications to get a CCVP.

Hece I went for CCIE directly. Worked hard and I was able to clear CCIE voice written in 1st shot. Now I rather spend my energy on the CCIE lab than on CCVP.

Just a different angle

jorgenolla Mon, 02/25/2008 - 16:05

dipen.gala wrote:

"i found the CCVP track too long and challenging"

Funny that you say that; If you find the CCVP track too challenging, what makes you think the CCIE would be any easier.

If a person can't pass the CCVP track with minimal effort; I really have doubts they will be able to master the CCIE topics which are way more in depth than the CCVP track.

Off course some people clear the CCIE written with a test dump; but they never get to pass the lab, or it simply takes them years. Hence they are never certified in anything.

To the original post: This is a difficult field with lots of variants, I do hope you find it in yourself to continue; the rewards are well worth the price.

donovan222 Mon, 02/25/2008 - 17:52

I have heard from some very smart people that have been doing this for years that the CCIE lab is the hardest of the CCIE labs by far

Actions

This Discussion