cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this a valid IB configuration (3750E w/ X2-10GB-CX4)

James3678
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up a Netbackup media server which receives backup data streams from multiple Gb host links.

The idea is to aggregate these Gb streams into a 10 Gb stream using a 3750E-24TD with an X2 infiniband module. I have multiple servers plugged into the switch, which have connectivity. I have the media server (Sun T2000 with IB card) connected to the switch via the X2 CX4 (uplink), but I do not have any link indication.

Do I need to set up some special port configuration on the uplink port to use the switch like this? Are these ports auto-sensing or do I need to set them as MDI-X?

We have a ticket with Sun. The Sun engineer says this configuration works with a Sun switch, or with the Cisco SFS 3000 series. Sun does not think this will work with a 3750E.

The cable length is 5m.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

James

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check this page and make sure you have the correct IOS version running.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6974.html

I believe so. The version is c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-40.SE.bin

Thanks for the validation.

Anything else?

James3678
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently, the 3750E with the CX4 uplink just won't talk to an infiniband card in a server. The vendor claim is that the 3750E switch is 10GbE under 802.3ak and is not connectable to infiniband, even through they use the CX4 connector.

Live and learn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card