cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator not working through IPSec VPN

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a laptop with CIPC installed, which works fine on the local network with CCME. When I launch CIPC from a remote site, it just sits at 'registering' forever. The two sites are connected via a standard site-to-site IPsec VPN. The laptop can ping the internal IP of the remote router, which is also the TFTP server setup in CIPC, and the CCME box.

Any ideas on how to get CIPC working through IPSec VPN?

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

All IP traffic is permited in VPN or just certain traffic?

Which interface you are selecting in IPC ?

if you hardcode the Device Name under IPC Preferences Network Tab Use this Device Name?

An sniffer capture can help you to see the problem...

VPN traffic is 'permit ip any'

IPC is using the WLAN interface of the laptop, which is what I am using to connect from both sites.

Have not tried changing device name.

Hi few things to check, on your local lan have you specified option 150 to point at your cme router ? Also I think you need to use 'ip helper' command pointing at your cme router IP.

Option 150 just supplies the client with a TFTP server address, which in the case of the CIPC, is already statically set.

I'm not using 'ip helper.' The main site and remote site each have their own subnets. I don't want main site IPs to be handed out at the remote site.

I don't believe either one of these are required for this to work, unless I am missing something.

xiaoliangyue
Level 1
Level 1

are u using cipc v2.1? try ver2.0. This happened to me.

Does your VPN connection software have it's own interface? If so, Then IP Communicator's preferences need to be changed to use the VPN's interface. It also needs to be changed in the audio settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: