Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls From IP Phones through particular FXO ports

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two 4 port FXO cards and I have already configured separate IP Phones to make outbound calls through separate FXO ports. But I cannot configure more than one IP Phone to make outbound calls through a partcular FXO port. E.g I want IP Phones with ext. 1023 and 1001 to make outbound calls only through FXO port 3/2 only. I also want only one IP Phone to be able to make calls through several ports. E.g. I want IP Phone with ext. 1016 to be able to make outbound calls throught FXO ports 2/0, 2/1, 2/2, and 2/3 only. Attached is my "sh run" config. pls help

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

use trunkunk group for this:

voice-port x/y

trunk-group pots

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern 9T

trunkgroup pots

You can also have mutliple trunkgroup under one DP, and select different preferences and hunt schemes for ports comprising the trunk group.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I am not convinced this solves his problem 100% because he also wants to limit specific phones so they can only use specific dial-peers, this needs COR or partitions in addition to the trunk config

Hi,

I have tried the trunk config and it still does not sovle my problem. Please what necessary configs do I need for the COR or partitions.

As suggested above, trunk-group only groups multiplke lines under a single DP.

Then, are you willing to do a translation rule on CCM for a certain partition, so there is not need to use "answer-address" and prefix on the router ?

Or do you prefer that all the config is in the GW ?

Presently I have more of my configs done on the router, I would prefer if the config is done on the router, but would also like to know the implications of having them on the CCM.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: