Helpful
Replies

redistibute with metric and Tag

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have this question:

enable eigrp 90 on ur network and redistributer it to OSPF With a metric of 150 and Tag 20.how would i configure this?

my ospf process is 1..

what about if i redistibute it like this without metric and tag

router ospf 1

redistibute eigrp 99 subnets.does it work

many 10xs

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

OSPF External Routes will automatically become Type E2 routes with metric of 20. A default metric is already implemented within the protocol, unlike other dynamic routing protocols.

The command you entered above will work.

If you want to configure metric 150 and tag 20, the command is

redistribute eigrp 99 subnets metric 150 tag 20

10xs

mmmm

but without the tag and metric Config we would break the requirments.right?

10x Agian

Ali

Yes without the metric and route tag as supplied by Edison the requirements in your original post would not be met.

Jon

Correct, without the metric and the tag, the redistribute route will be metric = 20 and tag = null (no tag)

experts

now,so its mandatory to config the:

redis eigrp y subnets metric 150 tag 20..but do i need here a route-map to match certain Tags?????????

10xs

Ali

You don't need a route-map to tag the routes on this router. With the command Edison supplied you are applying the tag not matching the tag.

However if you then wanted to match that tag on other routers within your network you could use a route-map to achieve that.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco