cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[OT] Barcelona Networkers 2008

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I know this is OT, but I am not sure where to post it.

How many of the NetPro regulars are going to Barcelona? I think it would be great to meet. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

7 Replies 7

aravindhs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Kevin & all other Netpro-Bros,

I am not going to Barcelona but would be really interested to know more about the event. It would be nice if you can let us all know. BTW, Kevin, you might remember me-I am a regular netpro 'reader' and 'voter'.

cheers

arav

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Come on Kevin, we have already hi-jacked a thread. Off-topic individual conversation is quite better. :-)

WAN, Routing and Switching seems fine to me for the purpose of meeting NetPro's. Since it is very active, more people interested will have a chance to see the conversation. The subject you chose is descriptive enough for those not interested to avoid reading it, and we are not selling anything here :-)

I will be there. You will probably recognize me because there cannot not be too many ladies there (especially tall and beautiful like me :-p). On the safe side, I have seen pictures of some of you in your interviews here in NetPro, so we won't have lot of trouble meeting. On the safer side, we can arrange to meet at a particular place in CCIB.

See you there,

Maria

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Kevin,

Will not be able to make it to Networkers Barcelona but mostly would be there for Cisco Live at Orlando, Florida in June :-)

Hope to see most of you guys at this event as well

Narayan

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

It is Monday, so perhaps more people can see this. Anyone else interested in NetPros meeting in Cisco Networkers 2008 in Barcelona?

Kind Regards,

M.

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

It seems there are not a lot of NetPros going to Networkers in Barcelona after all. Perhaps there are not many Europeans here. So, it seems Kevin, that it will be just the two of us ;-). Almost, since Russ White will be there to talk about BGP and we can try to kindly persuade him to talk to us about router-id's in OSPF :-)

See you there,

Maria

p.s. You may e-mail me at : mkatsa at ucnet dot uoc dot gr . Since nobody else here is coming, we'd better close this conversation.

No other takers? I'm surprised.

OK Maria, looking forward to meeting you there.

I am in the "Enterprise Campus High Availability" techtorial on the Monday, which should be interesting. I shall be attending Russ's session on BGP on the Thursday morning. (The morning after the party ... sorry, the "Customer Appreciation Event"!) Plus a full program between.

I was disappointed that I didn't get into the IP Multicast BoF session at 11:00 on Thursday because there was something specific I wanted to ask Beau Williamson. He is such an entertaining and informative speaker that his sessions get booked up quite fast.

I shall drop you a line once I get on site - there are usually lots of PCs around the place so you can consult e-mail, the web, and the Conference Intranet. There are also wireless hotspots, but they do tend to get congested very quickly - it's usually better using the wireless in the hotels.

My e-mail is Kevin dot Dorrell at pt dot lu.

See you there.

Kevin

The "Book early to avoid disappointment" is more than true. When I registered nothing was full, but I had the exciting problem of wondering what to choose. It is somewhat easier if not many options are left out.

I will do the wireless techtorial, which is not in my interests really, but I chose it to torture myself. There seems no other way to deal with some little things I keep avoiding.

I will have a full schedule too, with all the sessions I consider cool (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, as you might expect) and some IPv6 that I consider rather freezy, but everyone will have to face it sooner or later.

Have you considered the 'Meet the Expert' process to get some of your questions answered perhaps by someone else potentially equally informed? I would really like that, but it seems I have forgotten things that I wonder about from time to time. I should have written everything down.

Kind Regards,

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco