cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call recording in CUCM 6

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to record calls in CUCM 6.0(1), or is that going to be handled with a third party software or appliance? I know Cistera does that sort of thing, but I wondered if CUCM could do it without a third party anything? I have not seen anything in any of the guides about it yet, so I thought Id ask you guys.

9 Replies 9

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

ok, I did find a place where it is possible it looks like, but not really sure how to go about this one. Anyone set this up before?

Ah, besides setup, which may not be too bad, I guess my next question is: Do you have to have a third party device to do the actual recording? Im trying to think this through, and it seems to me that you might have to have something like Cistera or something, and that CUCM is just going to be configured to point to the device that the recorded call file would be stored? Anyone know the answer?

pmuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Do you have IPCC/CUCC Express?

If yes, there is a product called Cisco Workforce Optimization Quality Management that includes some call recording functionality. (This is the only one I'm aware of in any case.)

Other than that I think it is just 3rd party software.

Here is a link to ours. Simple, straightforward & built for CCM;

http://www.netelligent.com/products/aware/default.aspx

Good Luck,

Peter

Thanks, no, they dont have IPCC or CUCC express. Thanks for the info.

You need the 3rd party application

like NICE Witness R, or Verint which interface via SIP Trunks...

Check this URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsgd.pdf

Hey, I did find a CD that is called "Cisco Unified Contact Center Express/ IP IVR/ Q Mgr". Is that the one you mentioned earlier that has call recording functionality?

That's not what pmuller was referring to. That is an addon to IPCC that does call recording and gives other CallCenter reporting and quality metrics- For example, is the agent friendly, courteous, etc to customers? The supervisor listens in on calls, evaluates and documents their behavior.

Let me partially correct myself. I think that software requires IPCC for the recording part. I might be wrong. I haven't started my eval copy yet.

IPCC does recording, but the supervisor invokes the recordings. Doesn't seem to be what you are looking for.

You need a third party recording server.

In order for the recording support to work in CCM6.0, you need the 3rd party recording server and either:

Phones such as 7941, 7961, etc that can stream TWO RTP streams out of the phone--one to the phone/gateway they are talking to and the other RTP stream directly to the recording server.

SPAN and/or RSPAN ports on the LAN switch.

So basically, the new phones and CCM6.0 recording support get rid of the need for SPAN.

mikecotrone
Level 1
Level 1

We offer a very affordable desktop based VoIP Recording solution for CCM 3.x to UCM 6.x. Features such as manual or full time recording, speed dial replacement with integration with LDAP, DCD, AD, and Outlook contacts.

You can download a 30 day evaluation copy from the following link:

http://www.confianceinc.com/index.jsp?id=irecorder

noeparenteau
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest EDIGIN.

We have installed their product and it works great.

Support is outstanding/fast/very helpful.

Cost is worth it.

One button record is easy-peasey.

Call them.

You will be 'saved'.

They saved me.

www.edigin.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: