cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting place Express and NAT outside of firewall

stroutjustin
Level 1
Level 1

Can you setup meeting place express with NAT instead of putting it in DMZ. I have tried that but for external access it tries to redirect users to its internal DNS name and it does not display a web page. Any one else had this problem?

3 Replies 3

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

yes you can achieve this, we have done exactly the same. therefore you have to rename the meetingplace hostname to your external dns hostname e.g. meetingplace.company.com

afterwards, configure the appropriat NAT entry on your PIX/ASA with dns doctoring. this will resolve the external dns hostname of your meetingplace server to the internal IP adress of meetingplace in your LAN

that's it

cheers, Oliver

That was exactly what I was thinking. Did you run into issues renaming your Meetingplace server? And if so, can you describe to me how you did changed the name?

no, we do not ran into issues. however, you have to consider that you have to renew your certificates if SSL was enabled before changing the hostname.

i think there is some bug in earlier versions related to changing the name. we first upgraded to 2.0.2.126 and it was no problem.

you can change the hostname of the eth0 and eth1 interface using the "net" command under CLI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: