seanpope72
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if there are alot of new benefits to upgrading to 5.0.1

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The uprade is worth a look in my opinion. We've been running 5.0(1) for some time now and are very happy with it. Some of the more impressive new features are Dropped Call Recovery, Visual Message Locator and Message Monitor. Take a look at the release notes for the versions between 4.0 and 5.0 below to get a better picture of all of the features you would gain.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_notes_list.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

When we do decide to upgrade to version 5.0(1)how hard is it to import in the database when they are different version builds. Will the database import in easy or would the database need anything to accept the new 5.0(1)version.

You should not see any database version issues. The upgrade will take care of that for you.

Brandon

Travis Cassell
Level 1
Level 1

Just remember, if your Unity 4.03 is running Server 2000 you will need to rebuild it with 2003 as Unity 5.0 will only work on Server 2003 and there upgrading the OS is not supported. Just something to remember, hope this helps.

Good luck,

Travis

Windows Server 2003 is supported with Unity 4.0(4) and later, but not required. I'm currently running Unity 5.0 on a Windows 2000 server with no problems. You are correct that an OS upgrade is not supported. A rebuild is required to upgrade from Windows 2000 to 2003.

Brandon

I stand corrected, thanks. I might have gotten Exchange 2000 confused with the OS. Either way thanks for the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: