1. One of my customer is having two
offices,that is site A and Site B.
2. Both sites are equiped with Cisco
router with WIC-1T card,and
connected by means of 512 KB leased
3. Each site router is also connected
to a internet through a Cisco PIX 525
firewall (1MB DSL Ineternet
4. Site to Site IPsec has been
configured between sites.
5. Customer requirement is Site A
should access the Site B network
through the leased line
(512 KB which is primary)
6. If at any point of time if the leased line is down ,then traffic should go through the fast ethernet of the router ,through PIX525,which is already configured with Site-to-site IP sec .
How to achive this.
1. I will configure the router with two static rout with different metric,that is through the leased line is metric 1,if the leased line fails,then the second static route is through the fast ethernet with the different metric 5.
If I am right please suggest me what would be the effect.
If I am wrong what is the alternate?
Please suggest me the solution.
Thanks and Regards,