Views
Helpful
Replies

How GSS Provides ISP level redundancy ?

bapatsubodh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are in process of deploying GSS @ our Data Center. Here @ Data Center we have our Web server , which is having one public address given from IP pool from ISP1 ( Say a.b.c.d ) . We plan to have ISP2 also have one ip address to be given to access our website , as a failover protection. If ISP1 link to data center fails then ISP2 shoud route the data for our webser. Now as ISP1 link is down webserver address a.b.c.d is not reachable and obviously as ISP2 dont route a.b.c.d from their link. So in this case can GSS resolve our problem. I think we need to do some setting at authoritive level DNS so that if first ( a.b.c.d ip address is backed by second ip address by ISP2 ) IP is not reachable , user can access our website by picking up second or failover ip address provided by ISP2. I may be wrong in last point : ) off course I am not DNS expert !

Please share experience of ISP level redundancy. Appreciate it.

Secondly any link on cisco.com or any other URL is highly appreciated.

Subodh

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

If you want to limit the number of IP consumed in the zone file then your design will have to include "Anycast" or the GSS will need to behind a VIP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: