cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 4.x installation

lee.alex
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing CVP 4.x in our lab for a demo purpose. We are installing CVP on a windows 2003 SP1 (workstation, not joining to any microsoft domain). However, I found that the SNMP related service in CVP is not starting up after the installation. We found that the service is depending on the windows netlogon service to start up.

I would like to know anyone have experience on installing CVP 4.x and is it a mandatory requirement that the CVP server should be joining to a windows domain either as a member server or a domain controller?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

chrisj
Level 1
Level 1

I always join the ICM domain first (as a member) and then install CVP 4.x. That works fine. However I can't remember reading that it has to be a member of the domain.

chrisj@hp.com

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

ICM service accounts and users are validated against the Windows domain, so if you are to integrate the CVP with an ICM and not use the standalone model you would need to be in a domain.

Regards,

Riccardo

I don't think it is a requirement that a CVP box should be in the ICM domain. I certainly don't think it is a bad move to have the CVP box in the domain, but I'm not sure that not having this setup is preventing the CVP SNMP service from working.

I am playing with a lab system for a customer at the moment with UCCE 7.2(4) and CVP 4.0(2). There are 2 Proggers, an AW/HDS/WebView machine, and an EIM box in the domain (dedicated Domain Controller). The CVP all-in-one machine is not in the domain and the "Cisco CVP SNMP Management" service is running correctly.

Have you disabled the standard "SNMP Service"?

Did you apply Cisco's server hardening (I believe it disables the standard SNMP service)?

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: