Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX with Router: Multiple trunks

rameezsardar
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

I am currently working on voip setup. I connected a router with a pbx through a Pri (qsig). I configure dial-peers both for voip and pots. so when a call come to router, it matches the pots dial-peer and forward call to pbx on specific port that i mention in dial-peer.

Now my question is if have 3 trunk with the same pbx. One way is that i configure 3 pots dial-peer with same destination and define all 3 ports in them. like

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 3...

port 1/0

dial-peer voice 20 pots

destination-pattern 3...

port 1/1

dial-peer voice 30 pots

destination-pattern 3...

port 2/0

but i believe this is not the way. Please tell me the actual way to assign multiple ports for a dial-peer.

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The proper way, it's trunk groups:

voice-port 1/0

trunk-group pbx <-- repeat for all voice-ports

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 3...

trunkgroup pbx

Then under "trunk group pbx" you can configure additional options like translation-rule, hunt schemes, etc.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks Friend,

Yes you r right, i need to configure trunk-group but not under voiceport but under e1 pri d-channel.

Thanks

NOCSOC SSP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have the same situation, I duplicate the dial peers adding the preference command.

dial-peer voice 30 pots

destination-pattern 3...

preference 0

port serial 0/1/0:1

dial-peer voice 30 pots

destination-pattern 3...

preference 1

port serial 0/0/1:1

mmmm but i supose that this solution is not the best, then again, please tell me the best way to assign multiple ports for a single dial-peer.

Trunk-group under voice-port. The reference it in the DP (do "no port" first).

Please rate post if it helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: