Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco LMS 2.6 issue

sivakumar.ks
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded LMS 2.4 to LMS 2.6 few months ago and recently I added

two new 3750E switch with required SNMP configuration in the switches.The two new 3750E act as VTP domain server. The problem which I am facing currently are....

LMS 2.6 can't able to capture alert status , CDP neighbors, last alert change time extra and also new vlans configured on two 3750E switch.Because of this User Tracking Acquisition is not acquiring new

subnets.

I did the following troubleshooting which also lead to same sort of issue. I removed one of the existing Cisco catalyst 4510R and added it back and it ended with same sort of issue. Can anyone help me to figure out what caused this problem.

Thanks,

siva

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are these devices showing up at all in your topology map? Before you look at UT, you need to make sure they are discovered properly and data collection as run.

If you do a show cdp neig on the cli does it show what you expect? Can you walk the CISCO-CDP-MIB?

It is not showing in the Topology Map also. I forget to mentioned that earlier. Yes I can run sh cdp neigh command here is the output.

aikenhead06-3750E-1#sh cdp neighbors

Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge

S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID

Aikenhead06-3750-2.svhm.schs.org.au

Gig 2/0/27 147 S I WS-C3750G Gig 1/0/49

Bolte02-3750E-1.svhm.schs.org.au

Ten 1/0/1 169 R S I WS-C3750E Ten 1/0/1

DAL-4507R-1.svhm.schs.org.au

Ten 2/0/1 142 R S I WS-C4507R Ten 1/1

AIK09-2950-1 Gig 1/0/27 145 S I WS-C2950G Gig 0/1

AIK03-2950-1 Gig 1/0/28 174 S I WS-C2950G Gig 0/1

SNMPwalk is not producing any output in LMS2.6.

Siva

If you add these switches as seed devices do they appear on the topology map?

Hi Davistan,

I have added in seed device and campus data collection is running now , let you know the outcome soon. More over I run SNMPWALK and after few minitus I received the output, showing all the ARP entry. So SNMPWALK is working.

Siva

Hi Davistan,

No change even after adding to seed devices. Still it is not collecting the vlan information.

Siva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: