Views
Helpful
Replies

routing issue

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

We have an issue with a box trying to reach the subnet on my dmz which is 192.168.50.0, everything else inside can reach it fine except 2 servers, we have 2 routers using vrrp, 1 of them being active for routing to the dmz via a vlan. before I was here the other guy put a static route on the servers pointing to one of the routers instead of the alias, when I take the static route off the server and let it use the alias, it starts dropping packets, but just from these 2 servers and nothing else, what should I check on this ?

4 Replies 4

cco
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check that the default gateway is set correctly on the Servers or whether there may other static routes configured on them?

yes the gateway is correct, and there is no routes on the server now.

chschroe
Level 1
Level 1

What kind of servers are they?

Some HP servers don't work correctly with VRRP for whatever reason, and some others don't as well.

The issue is with the fact that there are technically two mac addresses for the gateway possible when everything is in an operation state - the virtual, and the physical mac address of the device. Has a lot to do with the 2 address model.

For whatever reason, some devices have trouble with that.

NS

would there be a fix for that ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco